Dressing, bathing and medication reminders are just a few of the personal care services our trained caregivers provide with compassion, warmth, and dignity. Our trained caregivers can help with a number of tasks like the ones below:
- Bathing – assisting the patient or client to wash. Bathing includes supervising or guiding the patient or client to bathe, assisting the patient or client with difficult tasks such as getting in or out of the tub or washing the back, and completely bathing the patient or client if totally unable to wash self.
- Personal grooming and hygiene – assisting the client with general hygiene tasks such as brushing teeth, shaving and filing and cleaning fingernails.
- Dressing – assistance with getting dressed and undressed for the day at times just with socks and shoes and other items that often present difficulty for clients such as snaps, buttons and zippers but dressing may include the complete process of dressing when the client is unable.
- Toileting and elimination – helping the patient or client to and from the bathroom, assisting with bedpan routines, using incontinent briefs, cleaning the patient or client after elimination, and assisting the patient or client on and off the toilet.
- Mobility and movement – assisting the patient or client to move around. Ambulation includes supervising or guiding the patient or client when walking alone or with the help of a mechanical device such as a walker, assisting with difficult parts of walking such as climbing stairs, supervising or guiding the patient or client if the patient or client is able to propel a wheelchair, pushing of the wheelchair, and providing constant or standby physical assistance to the patient or client if totally unable to walk alone or with a mechanical device.
- Nutrition/hydration and Feeding – assistance with drinking and eating. Drinking and feeding includes supervising or guiding the patient or client when able to feed self, assisting with difficult tasks such as cutting food or buttering bread, and orally feeding the patient or client when unable to feed self.
As day to day tasks become increasingly challenging, Capability’s professional caregivers are on hand to help seniors maintain independence while preserving their daily lifestyle. Some of the day to day tasks are as follows:
- Meal Planning
- Prepare Grocery List
- Clip Coupons for Shopping
- Meal Preparation & Clean-Up
- Monitor Diet & Eating
- Arrange Appointments
- Medication Reminders
- Pick Up Prescriptions
- Medical Appointment Reminders
- Light Housekeeping
- Change Linens
- Take Out Garbage
- Check Mail
- Monitor Food Expirations
- Prepare Future Meals
- Water Plants
- Laundry/ Ironing
- Dust Furniture
- Oversee Home Deliveries
- Supervise Home Maintenance
- Drop Off / Pick Up Dry Cleaning
- Organize & Clean Closets
- Errands, Shopping and Appointment Transportation
Our nurse delegation services are beneficial if your loved ones need to take prescriptions that require a family member or medical professional to be present. Our caregivers are trained and supervised by our registered nurse to provide medication assistance and medication administration services. Our registered nurse may provide medication set-up services. Our registered nurse will conduct and document a supervisory visit to our client’s home at least once every 30 days when medication assistance, medication administration or medication set-up services are provided.
- Medication Assistance – Our caregivers can assist our clients with the self-administration of non-injectable medications, provided that our client is able to self-direct his/her caregiver to administer his/her medications. This medication service is called “medication assistance”. Prescription medications must be administered from the original container. Oversight of our caregivers, who provide medication assistance, is by their supervisor. Our caregivers are trained and qualified by our registered nurse to provide medication assistance services.
- Medication Administration – Our caregivers can administer medications to our client or directly supervise our client to take his/ her medications from the original container and/or from a closed secondary medication container that is designed and manufactured for this purpose, provided that our client is unable to self-direct his/her caregiver to administer his/ her medications. Our RN can set-up our client’s medications from the original containers into closed secondary containers designed and manufactured for this purpose for up to fourteen days in advance. Our caregivers are trained and supervised by our registered nurse to provide medication administration and set-up services.
- Medication Set-up – Our RN can set-up our client’s medications from the original containers into closed secondary containers designed and manufactured for this purpose for up to fourteen days in advance. This medication service is named medication management (set-up).
Are you constantly wondering if your loved ones are safe while they are alone? Are you the main caregiver and need some help taking care of a loved one? Let Capability Homecare assist you in the care of your love one. Our caregivers are trained to assist and understand the needs of Alzheimer’s and dementia care patients. Our highly trained staff is able to assist with even the most severe cases of Alzheimer’s and dementia.
Our Alzheimer’s and Dementia Services include:
- Managing Behavior – our caregivers use special techniques to give seniors suffering from Alzheimer’s and dementia the ability to remain calm and feel safe at home.
- Engagement – we engage seniors in a way that builds their self esteem and physical strength. We focus on seniors mind, body and soul.
- Family – we support the family in the challenges of taking care of seniors suffering from this ailment. We encourage family members to have open communication, which will improve the care of their loved ones.
- History – our caregivers gather as much information about your loved ones in order to provide comfort and custom tailored care programs. This will make your loved ones experience with us as pleasant and enriching as possible.
Capability Homecare caregivers have a passion and desire to work with Alzheimer’s or dementia patients. All of our caregivers receive ongoing training and testing prior to working with our Alzheimer’s and Dementia clients. If you are interested in our Alzheimer’s program, please contact us.
For the families of home-bound seniors, respite care forms an essential lifeline during a difficult time. When the primary caregiver requires time of relief, Capability Homecare becomes an extension of the family support system. At Capability Homecare we understand that for you to be the primary caregiver for your loved ones you sometimes need time for yourself and your family. Sometimes you just need to re-charge your spiritual and physical batteries. This is when we come in to help you take care of your loved ones the way they deserve.
Senior Respite Care Gives You Precious Time
Capability Homecare gives your loved ones the same considerate care and love you provide to them. We are like an extension of your family during your absence. Our respite care program frees you to gather with friends, exercise, travel and get some alone time. With our service we guarantee you can relax while knowing your loved ones are being well taken care of. We tailor all our respite care programs to your needs and those of your loved ones. We offer hourly, daily, weekly and monthly services.
Respite Care : Necessary Reprieve
In-home respite care will help you be a better caregiver as it relieves some of the stress that you may encounter while taking care of your loved ones. This is especially true if you are the only one in the family supporting your loved ones. Seniors enjoy our respite care service as it provides them with the companionship and company of someone new.
If you would like to learn more about our in-home respite care services, you can contact us at 425 679 5770. We offer complimentary initial consultations in order for us to learn about your current situation and how we can effectively help you.